September is a great month for glamping in Devon, particularly for couples and families with pre-school children and we are hoping for an Indian summer!
There is lots happening in Devon in September and we have put together our top highlights! If you are a foodie there is the Taste East Devon Festival with a city to sea taste trail running from Darts Farm, film enthusiasts can enjoy an open air cinema experience at National Trust Knightshayes and there is the annual Heritage Open Days festival of history and culture and the chance to see hidden places and try out new experiences for FREE. Exeter Cathedral and Powderham Castle close to us are participating amongst many others. Also along the historical theme is the Sidmouth Classic car show. For something more alternative there is the colour bomb explosion at the Bear Trail and the Ilfracombe Maritime Festival. Finally, if you are a crafter the Creative Craft show is at Westpoint Exeter 21st – 23rd – lots of dates for your diary!
If none of these events appeal we have put together a shortlist of the top 3 things to do for….
Couples seeking adventure:
1. Visit Haytor Rock on Dartmoor
2. Climb to the top of the tallest waterfall in the South West – Canonteign Falls
3. Hire bikes or kayaks and explore the Exe Estuary Trail
Couples seeking rest and relaxation (especially if on a babymoon!):
1. Enjoy a horse-drawn barge trip along the Grand Western Canal
2. Stroll around Killerton or Knightshayes National Trust properties and enjoy a traditional Devon Cream Tea
3. Take a hot air balloon ride and see the beautiful Exe Valley from above!
Couples with pre-school children:
1. Ride a train at the Devon Railway Centre just next door
2. Visit Bear Town where little one’s can let their imagination run wild in this indoor role play experience
3. Enjoy some honey tasting, playtime at the indoor soft play bee hive and nature trails in the beautiful nectar gardens at Quince Honey Farm
See you in September for some glamping fun!