May Festival Fever
May has arrived, the trees are green, the sun is shining so it’s definitely time for a weekend away!
It is the start of festival season and there are a variety happening across Devon this month, even one for four-legged friends! During the day get some festival fever and by night stay with us for peace and harmony – relax on the veranda with a cold drink as the sun goes down and then snuggle up in bed under a cosy, luxury duvet.
For foodies and drink connoisseurs
- Saturday 4th – Monday 6th: The Exeter Festival of South West Food & Drink in the idyllic surroundings of Exeter Castle Courtyard and Northernhay Gardens.
- Saturday 25th May: River Cottage Food Fair 2019 – Join Hugh and the River Cottage team for a weekend of fun on the farm and food for thought.
For the whole family
- Thursday 16th – 18th: The Devon County Show – Devon’s Big Day Out, the County Show is a showcase for all aspects of life and work in the county as well as entertainment, shopping and good food.
- Saturday 18th – Sunday 19th: Pigstock Festival at The Big Sheep – North Devon’s friendliest family festival – a one-day extravaganza with LOADS going on to entertain the kids – small… and big!
For pooches and their human companions
- Sunday 12th May: The Big Doggy Day Out Festival at Bicton College for a day of family fun with your pooch – with live music, street food, an array of exciting activities, and more than 25 exhibitors offering leads, treats, toys, and many other pet products and services.
We’re off to find our glow sticks and tassels in time for festival season!