At Valleyside Escapes we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors and their personal information. This Policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you when you use this website, including how we use or disclose it.
We do update this Policy from time to time, the latest version is published on this page so please review this Policy regularly. If you have any questions regarding this policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that you voluntarily provide by filling in forms on our website such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, e-mail address and bank, credit or debit account details. For example, when you register for information, or make a booking, or contact us via the contact us page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us by any means.
The Purpose for Collecting Your Personal Information
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- our general business operations;
- effectively providing you with our goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquires or complaints;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you;
- direct marketing (such as providing you with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving our website.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies.
Any advertising featured on this website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our website.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you, i.e. the primary purposes described above. In addition to this we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
- Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing Your Personal Data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
You may refuse consent for your personal information to be disclosed to third parties operating outside of the EEA or withdraw any consent you have previously provided at any time by contacting us. We will notify you as soon as is practicable if this will affect our ability to provide you with products or services.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected, to document our dealings with you for our business records, or as otherwise required to defend future claims by us or as required by law.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you, the right to have inaccurate information corrected and the right to request that your personal information is erased. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us.
You have the right to refuse consent, or withdraw consent previously provided, to the disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us. If this will affect our ability to provide you with goods or services we will notify you as soon as is practicable.
Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.